1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Promotion Notices (as defined below) are the Promotion Rules (“Rules“) and apply to promotion (“Promotion“) featuring in any Yara Students publication and/or on any Yara Students Internet site unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Promotion are displayed in a notice on the page for such Promotion (“Promotion Notice“) or in a notice in which the Promotion appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Promotion Notice, the Promotion Notice shall prevail.
3. Yara Students reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Yara Students’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Promotion Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting Yara Students via the website www.yarastudents.com.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Promotion, the decision of a Director of the company shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Promotion you must apply, pay your deposit and be accepted as a resident into accommodation owned/operated by Yara Students and, in addition, to receive your free gift you must have paid your first rent payment in full and on time or must have paid the total cost of your accommodation in full and on time (whichever option you have selected in your application). The address you provide with your accommodation application (“Entry“) may be used to send any promotional gift so please make sure this is correct. Gifts will be distributed at the beginning of December 2018.
6. Employees of Yara Students or any associated company of Yara Students and their immediate families, persons connected with the Promotion and their immediate families i.e. gift sponsors, site agents are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Promotion, e.g. all promotion winners must be legally allowed to study at a recognised academic institution in the United Kingdom.
8. By entering the Promotion, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Yara Students reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
9. Yara Students assumes that by applying for accommodation and thereby entering the Promotion you warrant that you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Promotion and these Rules.
10. Yara Students reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
11. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Promotion, Yara Students in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
12. Only one entry per person per Promotion is allowed (except where the Promotion Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Unless otherwise indicated the only method of entry into this promotion is by way of applying for paying the deposit for and being accepted as a tenant of Yara Students’s student accommodation and, in addition, you must have paid your first rent payment in full and on time or must have paid the total cost of your accommodation in full and on time (whichever option you have selected in your application). Where a gift recipient has been selected and Yara Students discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the recipient has made more than one Entry, Yara Students reserves the right to select an alternative recipient. Any further recipient will be selected on the same criteria as the original recipient and will be subject to these Rules. Joint occupancy tenants will only be allowed to benefit from one gift under this promotion.
13. Promotion entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Promotion Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
14. Only one entry per person (or two people in the case of joint occupancy) will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of ‘brute force’, ‘script’ or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any gift award will be void.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Promotion other than to follow the qualification criteria stated in clause 12 above. There is no charge to register with a Yara Students website if registration is required as part of the entry process.
16. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Yara Students cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
17. Applicants should note that unless stated otherwise, Yara Students does not accept responsibility for the return of any Registrations, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
18. Gift recipients will be chosen as stated in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying applications within 28 days of the date specified in the Promotion Notice. In all matters, the decision of the Director of Yara Students shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
19. Gift recipients will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Promotion Notice. Return of any gift notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate recipient. If more than one gift is awarded only one gift per entrant will be awarded. Promotion gift recipient names may be published in any Yara Students publication, website or by way of press release issued by Yara Students.
20. Claims for gifts must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Promotion Notice. Failure to claim a gift within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
21. Gifts are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Please note that the iPad you receive may be a refurbished model. Yara Students reserves the right to substitute gifts of equal or greater value at any time.
22. Gifts are awarded at the discretion of Yara Students and no gifts will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
23. Where a gift may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Promotion Notice and must be observed. Yara Students reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
24. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the gift recipient.
25. Warranty or defects in prizes to be claimed from the supplier/manufacturer direct, Yara Students is not liable for any warranty’s or defects in any third party product awarded.
26. Yara Students cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting any gift. Yara Students is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion. Nothing shall exclude Yara Students’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
27. Gift recipients may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Yara Students reserves the right to use the names and addresses of recipients in any publicity both in paper and online.
29. By providing Yara Students with your personal data you consent to Yara Students transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If Yara Students does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
30. The Promotion and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.